Funny Dairy’s Queen commercial
The Rise of the Marketer: The Economist Intelligence Unit and Marketo Survey The Future – from the Marketo Blog
They see six major trends emerging, and I definitely agree with their observation:
- Marketing is shifting from a cost center to a revenue generator
- Marketing will become the Chief Customer Advocate in an organization
- Marketing is moving from an era of mass marketing and advertising to and era of engagement marketing
- Marketing needs to invest in new digital skills and operational expertise – marketing is shifting from an art form to art & science
- Marketing must leverage technology to succeed in this world of individual engagement at scale
- Key technologies like Internet-of-Things and real-time personalized mobile technologies will shape the future of marketing
Specifically re #4 above – last week Ran Pelled, CEO of McCann-Tech drew my attention to an interesting McKinsey report that talks about the disconnect between what customers care about and what companies talk about, and argues that what makes a strong brand in the eyes of a customer is a combination of hard facts and also emotional aspects.
So don’t neglect the artistic aspect of marketing – just science is not enough!
My favorite topic of the year – Super Bowl commercials
The Best and Worst Super Bowl Ads of 2015 http://www.newyorker.com/business/currency/best-worst-super-bowl-ads-2015 … via
I personally favored the Budweiser puppy and hated the godaddy puppy.